Simple OAUGDP Tests
Advanced Reduced Drag Aircraft
By Jean-Louis Naudin
created on January 11th, 2000 - JLN Labs - Last update January 16th, 2000
You will find below a very simple OAUGDP ( One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma ) in action. A glow discharge plasma skin covers the entire surface of the cylinder while a High Voltage at High Frequency is sent...
You may also see :
- How to build yourself an OAUGDP device (01-16-2000)
- The ARDA "FairyStar" OAUGDP skin in action (01-11-2000)
Some interesting references, patents and links :
- The Industrial Plasma Engineering Group of the UTK Plasma Sciences Laboratory has been supported by NASA Grant NCC 1-223 since October 1, 1995 to develop the applications of a One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma (OAUGDP) to aerodynamic boundary layer and flow control. These and related applications are described in U. S. Patent 5,669,583, "Method and Apparatus for Covering Bodies with a Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma and Applications Thereof". Wind tunnel measurements for this research were taken in the 7 X 11 inch Low Speed Wind Tunnel of the NASA Langley Research Center's Fluid Modeling and Control Branch, Hampton, VA.
- Boundary Layer Flow Control with a one Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Surface Plasma. AIAA 98-0328, 36th Aerospace Sciences Meeting & Exhibit, Reno, Nevada, pp. 29.- Roth, J. Reece; Sherman, Daniel M.; Wilkinson, Stephen P. (1998)
"Steady-State, Glow Discharge Plasma". U. S. Patent
#5,387,842, Issued February 7, 1995.- Roth J. R., Tsai P. P. and
- "One Atmosphere Uniform Glow Discharge Plasma". U. S. Patent #5,414,324, Issued May 9, 1995. - Roth J. R., Tsai P. P., Liu C., Laroussi M. and Spence P. D.
- "Method and Apparatus for Glow discharge Plasma Treatment of Polymer Materials at Atmospheric Pressure". U. S. Patent #5,456,972, Issued Oct 10, 1995. - Roth J. R., Tsai P. P., Liu C. and Wadsworth L. C.
- "Method and Apparatus for Covering Bodies with A Uniform Glow discharge Plasma and Applications Thereof". U. S. Patent #5,669,583, Issued Sept 23, 1997.- Roth J. R.
Email : JNaudin509@aol.com
Return to the Plasma Researches page